L'Auberge Carmel Press Kit Aubergine Press Kit Press Releases
If you are on assignment and would like to stay at L'Auberge Carmel or dine at Aubergine, we would be pleased to assist with your press trip. For further information, photography or to answer questions, please contact:
Melissa Welles PR
- 2014 James Beard Nominee - Best Chef- West: Justin Cogley
- Forbes Five Star Restaurant - 2014
- Travel & Leisure - Top 500 World’s Best Hotels List - 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007
- Relais & Châteaux Grand Chef- Executive Chef Justin Cogley
- Conde Nast Traveler- Top 25 Hotels in Northern California, 2013
- Forbes Four Star Hotel - 2013
- Food & Wine - Executive Chef Justin Cogley - Best New Chef 2013
- Trip Advisor - 2014, 2013, 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- Conde Nast Traveler - Finialist for Most Excellent Inn, January 2012
- Zagat - Aubergine is rated Fifth Best in San Francisco and the Bay Area, September 2011
- Conde Nast Traveler - Most Excellent Romantic Getaway, January 2011
- Condé Nast Traveler - Gold List January 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006
- Condé Nast Traveler - Readers’ Choice Awards #11
- Best Small Hotel in the U.S. November 2009
- Gayot.com - Top 10 New Restaurants in U.S. - November 2008 - Aubergine
- Condé Nast - Johansen’s Awards for Excellence - Most Excellent Small Hotel in USA -February 2007
- Travel & Leisure - #22 hotel in the Top 100 in the Continental U.S. and Canada August 2006
- Wine Spectator - Best Award of Excellence - Aubergine
- Bon Appetit - Best of the Year, Restaurant Hot Seat
Press HighlightsClick Here For All L'Auberge Carmel & Aubergine Press
"There are many types of wonderful stay-cations to enjoy in Northern California. L’Auberge Carmel definitely serves up a most civilized one."
"Don’t Miss: A glass of wine on the patio of Clint Eastwood’s Mission Ranch, with rolling sheep meadows and sparkling sea vistas, before dinner at L’Auberge Carmel’s cozy Aubergine restaurant, helmed by one of Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs of 2013, Justin Cogley."
"Quaint, historical, rustic, and luxury hotels and B & B's offer the visitor to Carmel-by-the-Sea a variety of overnight options. L'Auberge Carmel was constructed in 1929 by Carmel builder Allen Knight, who based his design on architecture he had seen while traveling in Prague. The hotel's restaurant, Aubergine, has won countless numbers of culinary awards over the years for its innovative cuisine."
"L’Auberge Carmel, a white castle-like structure with a generous courtyard in the center, was built in 1929. Originally, the building was inhabited by a community of artists, who occupied its twenty apartments. Now, those apartments have been converted into spacious suites (outfitted with heated bathroom floors and wireless internet) that comprise this small, intimate Relais & Châteaux property."
"Built in 1929, the 20-room L’Auberge Carmel evokes old Europe in a way that few American hotels do. Stepping into the central brick courtyard, I found myself wondering if I was still in California or had somehow been teleported to the charming Austrian inn—a fellow Relais & Châteaux member—I’d visited last year. (The hotel in Carmel was actually modeled on a hotel in Prague.) All the Continental hallmarks were there: tiered fountains, shaded café tables, wrought-iron banisters, and flower-filled window boxes hanging from the three-story wood-and-stucco building."