L'Auberge Carmel Press Kit Aubergine Press Kit Press Releases
If you are on assignment and would like to stay at L'Auberge Carmel or dine at Aubergine, we would be pleased to assist with your press trip. For further information, photography or to answer questions, please contact:
- Forbes Five Star Restaurant - 2016
- Forbes Four Star Hotel - 2016
- OpenTable - 2016 Diner's Choice Winner: Aubergine
- James Beard - 2016 Restaurant and Chef Award Semifinalists: Best Chef: West - Justin Cogley, Oustanding Service: Aubergine
- Conde Nast Traveler - #19 Top 30 Hotels in Northern California: Readers' Choice Awards 2015
- OpenTable - 2015 Diner's Choice Winner: Aubergine
- Forbes Five Star Restaurant - 2015
- Forbes Four Star Hotel - 2015
- Tripadvisor - 2015 Certificate of Excellence: Aubergine
- Tripadivsor - Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame: 5 Time Winner for L'Auberge Carmel
- James Beard - 2015 Restaurant and Chef Award Semifinalists: Best Chef: West - Justin Cogley, Oustanding Pastry Chef: Ron Mendoza, Oustanding Service: Aubergine
- Condé Nast Johansens Award for Excellence - L'Auberge Carmel: 2015 Best Service
- 2014 James Beard Nominee - Best Chef- West: Justin Cogley
- Forbes Five Star Restaurant - 2014
- Forbes Four Star Hotel - 2014
- Travel & Leisure - Top 500 World’s Best Hotels List - 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007
- Relais & Châteaux Grand Chef- Executive Chef Justin Cogley
- Conde Nast Traveler- Top 25 Hotels in Northern California, 2013
- Forbes Four Star Hotel - 2013
- Food & Wine - Executive Chef Justin Cogley - Best New Chef 2013
- Trip Advisor - 2014, 2013, 2012 Certificate of Excellence
- Conde Nast Traveler - Finialist for Most Excellent Inn, January 2012
- Zagat - Aubergine is rated Fifth Best in San Francisco and the Bay Area, September 2011
- Conde Nast Traveler - Most Excellent Romantic Getaway, January 2011
- Condé Nast Traveler - Gold List January 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2006
- Condé Nast Traveler - Readers’ Choice Awards #11
- Best Small Hotel in the U.S. November 2009
- Gayot.com - Top 10 New Restaurants in U.S. - November 2008 - Aubergine
- Condé Nast - Johansen’s Awards for Excellence - Most Excellent Small Hotel in USA -February 2007
- Travel & Leisure - #22 hotel in the Top 100 in the Continental U.S. and Canada August 2006
- Wine Spectator - Best Award of Excellence - Aubergine
- Bon Appetit - Best of the Year, Restaurant Hot Seat
Press HighlightsClick Here For All L'Auberge Carmel & Aubergine Press
"The city is bordered to the west by rugged coastline and soft beach, though there are no houses on the beach, and even ocean views are limited, making it less of a “beach vacation” and more of a romantic getaway. L’Auberge Carmel is the ideal place to stay, an intimate Relais & Chateaux property of just 20 rooms, reminiscent of a French farmhouse you’d find tucked away in the vineyards of Burgundy. There’s a Forbes five-star restaurant in the lobby, a small dining room called Aubergine with just 12 tables, which also serves a complimentary breakfast for guests. The rooms themselves are handsomely dressed in masculine earth tones, with courtyard and garden views, quaint touches like delivered homemade cookies, and upscale amenities such as heated bathroom floors. L’Auberge is just a few minutes walk from Ocean Avenue shopping and restaurants and the nearby beach. "
"Opt for this hidden, euro-style stay to win points with your S.O. for its exclusivity. Its a boutique inn built in the 1930s, and has just 20 airy rooms. The real reason, though, that most folks book here is Aubergine, a 12-table restaurant onsite featuring five-star local cuisine and wines from the nearby Carmel Valley. "
"L’Auberge Carmel, a Relais & Chateaux property, in Carmel has the Carmel Culinary package; it includes a night’s stay, a glass of wine at check-in, a welcome amenity of handmade salted caramels and either a half-bottle of champagne or a fruit bowl, an eight-course dinner paired with wine at its fine-dining restaurant Aubergine, and a full breakfast. "
"There are many types of wonderful stay-cations to enjoy in Northern California. L’Auberge Carmel definitely serves up a most civilized one."
"Don’t Miss: A glass of wine on the patio of Clint Eastwood’s Mission Ranch, with rolling sheep meadows and sparkling sea vistas, before dinner at L’Auberge Carmel’s cozy Aubergine restaurant, helmed by one of Food & Wine’s Best New Chefs of 2013, Justin Cogley."
"Quaint, historical, rustic, and luxury hotels and B & B's offer the visitor to Carmel-by-the-Sea a variety of overnight options. L'Auberge Carmel was constructed in 1929 by Carmel builder Allen Knight, who based his design on architecture he had seen while traveling in Prague. The hotel's restaurant, Aubergine, has won countless numbers of culinary awards over the years for its innovative cuisine."
"L’Auberge Carmel, a white castle-like structure with a generous courtyard in the center, was built in 1929. Originally, the building was inhabited by a community of artists, who occupied its twenty apartments. Now, those apartments have been converted into spacious suites (outfitted with heated bathroom floors and wireless internet) that comprise this small, intimate Relais & Châteaux property."
"Built in 1929, the 20-room L’Auberge Carmel evokes old Europe in a way that few American hotels do. Stepping into the central brick courtyard, I found myself wondering if I was still in California or had somehow been teleported to the charming Austrian inn—a fellow Relais & Châteaux member—I’d visited last year. (The hotel in Carmel was actually modeled on a hotel in Prague.) All the Continental hallmarks were there: tiered fountains, shaded café tables, wrought-iron banisters, and flower-filled window boxes hanging from the three-story wood-and-stucco building."